Friday, November 14, 2008

The Ubiquitous First Post

Alright, so here it is, and yes, it'll read something like every other first blog post you've ever read. Sorry about that, but sometimes you don't mess with perfection.

It took me a long time to get into this blog thing, and like most everything else in life, it was hockey that was the trigger. Hockey? Yes. Hockey got me married, hockey gave me an entertaining childhood. Hockey pulled me into blogging. Why? Mainly because I had to respond to this.

I'm also a nonAlbertan that follows the Oilers, and doesn't understand why. I mean, there is a hockey team less than 200 miles from me (though I would have to pass through border control to get to a game). The fact is, that the Oilers are simply the most entertaining, best covered, and certifiably insane (northern Alberta in winter) team in the NHL. You love them, you hate them, you watch them on HNIC when the stars align. And, if you're me, you start blogging just to say that some NHL blogger with weak content has it right (Reportedly she's pretty hot, though.)

Admittedly this blog will probably result in very little interest external to my children looking back in twenty years to see "what truly was wrong with daddy", but at least it's an outlet for marginal creativity. What can you, my nonexistant reader, expect? Essentially, this blog will, like so many others, be a chronicle of my thoughts and experiences. Enjoy!

No comments: