Sunday, November 30, 2008

Oh the things kids say

Sometimes I wish I could make up real life:
So we're getting out to the car to head to church. Denise spots a squirrel in the big tree outside. I take the kids over to see, and they both get really excited. As we're walking away, Caelyn and I have this conversation:
R: So, Caelyn, what color was that squirrel?C: Uh, I don't know.R: Was it gray?C: Yeah, it was gray, just like (pauses to think) Papa's hair!
--
Oilers at Dallas today, in another afternoon game. After pulling out a win against the Blues, I revert back to my early-season stance that we have no idea what to expect from this team. Either they get lucky, and pucks fall in the net, or they don't, and they lose. We aren't seeing any real blowouts, but watching games results in a Zantac 2.5 hours. I guess that's why we watch sports, to see who wins and loses. It's just a lot more fun to watch a team win consistently.
--
I haven't posted yet on the Thanksgiving results. Suffice to say that the turkey (more accurately the fire in the smoker) caused a good bit of apprehension, but turned out spectacular. Most families can say that they ended up with way to much in the leftover department, but in our case it really was true! We hadd a simply stupid amount of food for seven adults.The five (yes, five) desserts were almost untouched.

I've subsequently done justice to the holiday by eating my weight back up in stuffing, turkey (ooooh that dark meat), and desserts. To the gym tomorrow, where I will subject myself to all the exercises I don't like.

Go Oilers!

No comments: