We just finished watching the Oilers get beat in a shootout to the Avalanche. Despite the fact that Dwayne needs to keep his legs together more than a homecoming princess, it was a really good game. Shootout took five rounds, which is not something you see very often. I don't remember seeing one that long before. The whole thing was particularly heartbreaking as the Oilers had a goal lead with 30 seconds to go in regulation. After a couple of penalties, and a five-hole shot (see my comment above), the game was essentially lost.
Oh, and at the same time, we had Jonah's second BDay party. Thomas the Tank Engine seems to be a bit of an obsession right now, and it definitely was the theme. From the decorations to the music to the cake to the presents, everything came up trains. I'm sure I'll have pics to post tomorrow, which will give me a chance to figure out image placement with a screen reader. Anyway, party was pretty good. It's always good to have E&K in the house, even if she was off the radar again.
I realized today that I haven't touched the Breedlove in several days. That will be remedied tomorrow. 'tis the season to study Christmas songs, and I'm already behind the curve. Erik reported that I should have a looping pedal in my house shortly, which will help enormously with practice.
A very journal-like entry, but hey, what do you want for 10:30 at night after a very, very long day.
Go Oilers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment