Thursday, November 20, 2008

See, I'm not insane!

Maybe it wasn't the main focus of my post from yesterday, but we did have a little discussion about the NHL's slamming the Oilers with possibly the best/worst schedule in 08-09. It seems that someone else had a very similar thought over at Oilers Nation. Click here to read the post.

Tonight we have another matchup with a team that I say is about to dynasty itself into the record books. Detroit is one of those teams that you watch skate just to see brilliant hockey. Here comes a prediction: Detroit takes the President's trophy enroute to a six game Stanley Cup victory over...oh...how about the Penguins? (Wait, wasn't that last year?)

Anyway, back to schedules rant. As I said before, I hate this schedule now. It messes with my mind, as we jump from games in central, mountain, and eastern timezones, all in the same week. It can't be good on the players, which could extend the current twenty points to 22 or 23. But in the end, what is better?

No comments: