Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The reMastering Process

First, let me say that I haven't blogged since April. Yes, I realize I've lost out on the summer, and you shouldn't expect this to be a catch up entry. I'll leave that for a night with more time and calmer children.

While doing homework tonight, which is the first part of the remastering process, I'm listening to Rock 101.1 out of Vancouver. They are playing selections off the remastered Beatles release. The DJs are making a big deal about "Hey, this sounds so much better."

News flash, boys! You are over FM radio! The stuff sounds the same as it has for the past forty years!

Now, admittedly I'm not a huge Beatles fan to begin with, so I probably wouldn't pick up the nuances that mark a remastered work. However, something has to be said for the communication medium. Saying something sounds better, then broadcasting it in standard formats just sounds like marketing dribble.

Thanks, I'll go plug in my Zune now.

Oh yeah, and the Oilers are doing rookie camp this week!

No comments: