And no, I am not smoking rabbit for Easter dinner. It's game hens for tonight. Just keep thinking about the chicken coming after the egg.
It would be nice to smoke when it isn't raining. The weather is definitely not agreeing with my outdoor activity for today. It's warmish (high of 50), but pouring like crazy. Poultry wants to dry out in the smoker, especially after being brined. A high relative humidity does not help in the least.
A List of Treats
Much more adult than what is in Caelyn and Jonah's baskets, I get to enjoy my own Easter treats this year. That's right, folks, Lent is officially over! And so, bring on the coffee, the beer, the scotch, the dinner wines!
- Coffee - Already have a cup in me, and it's not yet 6:00 AM. I had to get up early to brine the birds, and you wouldn't expect me to start the day off on the wrong foot.
- Beer - First church, then a little pick-me-up to start off the afternoon. After all, I haven't yet had a beer while anything has been in the Bradley! Recent weeks have seen me almost crying when I see a Sam Adams commercial. I can't hear "Who do you Love" without getting excited.
- Scotch - A glass before dinner, because it has been a while. Erik and Christy got me a very nice bottle for my birthday. I had one glass, before the lockout.
- Wine - Mom and dad are over for dinner, which means that I must impress with the selection. Denise has been wanting me to partake in a bottle over the past couple of weeks, so I will definitely indulge all of them tonight. Must remember to find the perfect wine and start preparing it before church.
Excuse me while I refresh my coffee.
Sports, sports, sports!
The Sounders are now 3-1, with only one goal against. A shut out loss last night, as Keller got a red card about thirty minutes in, but it was still a great game. I'm seriously getting into soccer, and will be happy to have it as my summer sport to fill the hockey gap.
Speaking of hockey, the Oil ended their season by splitting a back-to-back Battle of Alberta weekend. They are done for the next six months, and I'm happy. They have some bright spots that could be the future, but the team needs a retooling.
For me, hockey is pretty much done. I'll watch the Cup, because I don't have any choice, but with the Oilers out, I don't have any particular leanings. The Canucks did beat out the Flames to win the northwest, thanks to the Oilers and Avalanche. Neither NW team will make it out of the second round, so who really cares. Just another banner for GM Place.
Happy Easter, everyone! Enjoy your treats, no matter what they are, and stay tuned for our next episode entitled "One in the Hand, or How to Cure a Hangover."
No comments:
Post a Comment