Until this morning! Thirty-two sucks! I step onto the bus, heading to work. Big day, dressed nice, thinking about everything that awaits me in the next ten hours. Unfortunately, the bus driver hadn't pulled into the curb as closely as usual, I miss the step, and sprain my ankle.
Sure, it feels fine until I get to work. I walked up a hill with no problems. A few hours later and I can't stand on it. Walking is pure pain, but I'm not swelling, and the color is still good. A couple of hours more and every step is pure agony. I can take pain, but this is just stupid!
So here I am, writing a blog entry, laying in bed with my foot elevated. Pain killers are setting in, I just finished a simply fantastic soup*, and the Oil are deciding that the playoffs aren't really worth it. If only I had some homework to pass the time...
A Change of Subject
I haven't mentioned my Lenten fast yet, mainly because I didn't think I could pull it off. Now, with Holy Week to go, I am the little engine cresting the mountain. "I knew I could."
For this year, with the thought to improving spirit and body, I decided to get rid of chemicals. So I dropped coffee, soda, and alcohol. It hasn't been easy. I've essentially missed the last twenty games of the hockey season because it just isn't the same to sit down and watch a game without a beer.
Easter cometh!
And while I'm catching up on my writing:
Jonah's communication is getting much better! He is saying some words consistently, pointing and gesturing, and engaging us when he wants something. I see the light at the end of the tunnel, though it's still far away.
We continue to separate from VeriSign. Hopefully we'll be closing this month, and I'll start a new chapter. To say that I am excited about the work prospects over the next couple of months would be wildly understating things.
The grades are in for my first quarter of graduate school. I achieved one-hundred percent in two classes, and ninety-six percent in the third. Not bad, not bad! This next quarter has only two classes, which will be good, considering the work situation. I've announced to Denise that I won't be seeing her much until June.
I've stalled in my exercise regiment, and will probably be switching it up once my ankle heals. I finished with the following:
- Squat - 145 5x5, stalled
- Bench - 110 5x5, stalled
- Overhead - 80 5x5, stalled
- Deadlift - 175 2x5, rising
Alright, this entry is getting long enough, and I haven't qualified my asterisk above. So I'll sign off.
* The soup Denise made was based on the remains of the brisket that I smoked on Sunday. Veggies, tomato base, and smoked brisket. Fantastic!
No comments:
Post a Comment