Rehash
I was reading through my own posts last night, and I saw myself gag on a reference to Facebook. Unfortunately I have joined the zombie army of socialites. and I kind of like it.
I can't believe how I've fallen!
So what does this mean? First, it means that I can't exactly expect that you are a nonexistant reader. Though I still don't have any comments on these postings on either FB or Blogspot, I have to assume that someone is checking into what I read. Mom's not on FB yet, so I'm safe...For now.
Problems with Summer
Summer was a problem for us in many ways. First, the optomism that I had around TNS has pretty much evaporated. No, it's not because they are a bad company, just that they didn't live up to promises made in the beginning. I went through quite a bit of the summer feeling hurt, rejected, and generally irritated with work.
Second, the weather was all wrong. Western Washington during July equates to mid 70s and rain, while August is 80+. This year, July was August and August was July. that threw me off. And now, a third of the way through September, I'm sitting outside after a 80+ day! Go figure! The result was that we changed our air-conditioning schedule quite heavily. I didn't write about it here, but we bought another AC unit back in Spring, and it was essential for this summer. 100+ temps, Denise's condition, and our home layout don't mix. fortunately, we made the right choice, and she hasn't shown any ill affects of the heat.
Finally, summer equates to no hockey. (Get it, heat, no ice, bleh). I tried really hard to stay in touch with the Sounders, and make soccer my summer game. Unfortunately, distractions, a general disinterest in watching the game, and an inconsistent TV schedule have caused me to leave it. Now, however, we're in September. The first game is less than a month away, and the Oilers are making a few late moves. It's time to be watching pucks on ice!
I was thinking this morning about my waning interest in sports. I'm pretty convinced that my dissatisfaction with baseball and football stems from being involved in fantasy leagues. Because I was trying to focus on the player, I lost track of the love of the sport. Numbers became the emphasis, not the pure love of watching plays develop. Additionally, I was trying to keep to many teams in mind. I wasn't focused on a specific team, which meant that I knew how well individual players were doing in the season, but not actual teams. And, in most sports, it is the team that matters!
So, I'm deciding that I won't fantasize hockey anymore. I won't focus on the players, I'll keep my interest on a team. One particular team that, according to my tags, should be obvious. I don't want to spoil my obsession with what is wrong with players today. I just want to love a team. I want to live and die by each game. I want to feel a sense of excitement with the beginning of each season. I want to be interested in the playoffs only if my team is playing.
Nothing Else
I think I've finally wrote myself out for one night. I should probably talk about the boy, and our continued efforts to get him to talk (he isn't, yet), the fact that I've left the gym, and our search for a larger place to live, but it's time to put the kids to bed. Besides, I haven't checked the comments on Facebook in 15 minutes!
No comments:
Post a Comment