Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Winter Wonderland

Whoa! Okay, I wanted a white Christmas, so I can't say I didn't ask for this. Six inches of the white stuff is a little much, even for me! Fortunately, we haven't been cold on a consistent basis (I don't call 25 cold). Of course I realized after the first night that we dropped into the teens that I hadn't blown out the outdoor pipes, so we'll see what kind of watery fun we get in spring.

It's funny how our jobs get in the way. Yesterday, I let the staff go at 2:00, and we subsequently spent the next 1.5 hours helping people get out of the parking lot. Yet today, when the roads are worse (frozen melt-off), we still don't close the office. Essential staff reports, and the building fully opens at 10:00. Did I mention that it's still snowing? All I can say is, I'm glad I'm allowed to use my own discretion.

The best part is that Caelyn and Jonah are getting a taste of real winter! It won't be around for long (probably into next week), but the experience still counts. To bad I haven't been able to get out with them, yet. Denise had them playing for about an hour yesterday, and apparently a great time was had by all.
--
I shouldn't even mention that the Oilers are back to their consistent inconsistency. A magnificent pair of games over the weekend were followed by a 9-2 and 3-0 loss. Ugly, ugly, ugly.

On a related hockey note, we'll be in the Tricities for the Christmas festivities at mom and dad's new place. I should check to see if the Americans will be playing in town, but am reluctant. I don't need the disappointment of seeing no games due to the holidays. We'll postpone that for a little sense of sanity, should the Oilers win before Christmas.
--
Got the Digitech Jamman last weekend. I'll post a review when I get a moment to actually use the thing.

No comments: