Just finished carving compact snow and ice out of the neighbor's driveway. She's elderly, lives alone, and I really wanted the exercise. My back will start to scream in about an hour, but for now I feel great! It's that typical high that I get after a workout. The sort of thing that runners get after a couple of miles, but I dont have to destroy my knees to get there.
Anyway, I had great fun chipping away at the leavings of what must be four storms. I was pulling ice chunks out that were way to heavy for the shovel, which meant a lot of up and down. Squats, what?! Everything was over three inches thick, even compact as densely as it was. After about an hour-and-forty-five minutes, I had cleared the driveway so that two cars could park, and half of the sidewalk. Unfortunately, that was enough, I just couldn't take any more pounding on my right shoulder. It'll scream tomorrow morning.
Oh, and I had a lot of fun doing it!
--
One of the best benefits was my short break in the middle. A Sam Adams Winter Lager went down very quickly and very happily! I must admit that, if I am forced to reach for a mass-distributed beer, I will grab a Sammy every time. I haven't been dissatisfied yet, even with some of the weird stuff (Cranberry Pilzner, anyone?). Maybe I was really thirsty, but that Winter Lager was about the best beer I've ever had, and that's saying something!
--
Obligatory Oilers statement: Last night saw a cheap victory over the Coyotes. I missed the whole game due to a family Christmas party, but that's alright. I Did, however, note that the Tricity Americans are playing in town next week. They are currently listed as eighth in all junior hockey, which is pretty impressive. But then, I could probably be in eighth too, if I had Pickard in goal. It's really to bad the Oilers missed drafting him. I mean, they need yet another goalie prospect, right?...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment