Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Pace yourself there, boy!

Two blog posts in a day? Sheesh.

I'd call this a pretty good evening. The Oil pick up two points by sacrificing the Blue Jackets on the altar of Hemsky! There's no doubt about it, #83 has hit a hot streak! Four goals and an assist in two games.

Spent the early part of the evening entertaining the children, doing housework, and eating dinner while discussing Obama with Denise. Watched a technically awkward, but oddly touching bit of the new president talking to a select group of soldiers in Afghanistan from one of the inauguration balls. Technically awkward due to satelite delays. Touching because they were all from the Chicago area, and Barak really seemed to be having fun talking to them.

And then it was off to do homework. About halfway through a chapter on Action Learning Teams, I wondered at the application of this sort of theory in parenting. Could I, when the kids are a bit older, use a system of question asking and reflection to foster learning and action thinking? If so, what kind of kids would I have? Always outside the box, they might have that jump over others that is so critical. The difficulty would be that, according to definitions, action learning teams are most affective when the answer is unknown.

And then, to cherry off the sundae, both kids were asleep, in beds, by 8:30. Part of me says, "That's what no naps will do." The other part just giggles and chants "Hemsky, Hemsky, Hemsky..."

No comments: