Friday, November 13, 2009

Why the last eight hours didn't suck!

Just a quick one this morning folks, as I’m awaiting the next disaster.

The past eight hours haven’t been a treat, but I’m going to try to put a positive spin on them. After all, my troubles are trivial compared with others.

Problem 1: Jonah awakes at 2:10 AM. He cries for twenty minutes, which is our key to go in and get him. He is then awake for the next hour.
The Positive Spin: Mommy is a shining star. She gets the boy milk, comforts him, and even lets him sleep on her side of the bed. 3:30, we all go back to sleep.

Problem 2: Berta decides to puke at 4:00 AM. Just as I’ve gotten back to sleep, the tell-tale noise cuts into my subconscious. Race down stairs, but it’s to late, and I get to clean the carpets.
The Positive Spin: It was a pretty easy clean-up, I think. We’ll see what D thinks of the carpets this morning. Trouble is that now I’m totally awake, and won’t be sleeping again, despite getting back to bed. Ultrapositive spin is that the boy doesn’t wake up.

Problem 3: The second shower at 6:45 AM. Now I’m up, I’m dressed, and I’m at the bus stop. It’s been raining like crazy all night long, and the storm drains are completely flooded, which means lots of standing water on the roads. A car whizzes by, hits the huge puddle in front of the bus shelter, and I’m soaked from head to knees. Poor Berta cut the wave off with her body, keeping my shins dry.
The Positive Spin: It’s Washington, I’m going to get wet from time-to-time. And, it’s quite warm out, so I don’t freeze.

Problem 4: The dead laptop at 7:05 AM. I walk in the door to my laptop blue screened again. *sigh* Where’s tech support?
The Positive Spin: Easy fix, I just reboot the stupid thing.

Now, if you will excuse me, I have extra strong coffee brewing.

No comments: